lunes, 4 de agosto de 2014

Yes, why not?



I hate that feeling when you wake up tired… It’s like wasting a precious time… I remember (not long ago) when Fridays meant getting ready to party. Now, when it’s Friday I can only think about getting a nice long siesta and recover from the week. Perks of getting older I guess.. But this particular weekend we invested a great amount of time organizing a very exciting trip to Vienna in December.

If there’s something we like to invest in its traveling. You know what they say, travels is the only thing that you spend money on and makes you richer. And I couldn’t agree more. Seeing other cultures, witnessing other ways of life… It opens your eyes to new things, makes your perspective a little wider… I remember that before I spent one summer volunteering at the Firenze cathedral I was skeptical about the experience. We were a group of 12-15 persons from different ages, countries and religions, and we were going to spend all our days together… Showing the beautiful cathedral to the tourist from our own country.

What was so amazing about the experience is that it completely change me. I went there with so many preconceptions thinking my take on life was the only reasonable one… To be honest I wasn’t sure why I decided to go because a few days before the trip I was about to chicken out. Something took me there and the person coming back was totally different. I change my relation with my parents, I broke up with my toxic boyfriend and my life mantra became “yes why not?”.

Yes why not pushed me to accept any proposal that didn’t seem reckless or dangerous… And change my “no” to “yes. I opened myself to things I never thought I would and enjoyed every moment of it.

So if you can, pack your bags, go on a trip. If you can’t start saving! You’ll be compensated by far.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario