miércoles, 13 de agosto de 2014

Exboyfriends (Part II)



During that time I was looking for a suitable roommate. I found the perfect person who happened to be a guy. When I told him he went nuts and said he “forbid me to move with him”. So I immediately called my new roommate to treat him to dinner. I remembered right then and there what it was like been his girlfriend, the person I was when I was with him… And I refused to go back.


The call was awful. I kept blaming myself for not being face to face saying those words, he deserved better. I asked him not to come, I offered to pay him the ticket he had bought… It was awful, just awful. Now I understand there is no pleasant breakup when someone’s feelings are involved. It doesn’t really matter if it’s you braking up or they are breaking up with you, trust me, I’ve been in both sides.


You can imagine, after three years we shared a lot of friends and they couldn’t understand my reasons which made me think I was going to loose him and my friends during this process. Truth be told I became closer with my real friends, lost the bad ones and most importantly I found myself. A happy self, complete self… It was hard.. It took me time to realize I wasn’t depending on anyone and anyone was depending on me. At first solitude was disturbing and after it was much appreciated. 


It didn’t take me too long to fall in love again. I met Miguel in Paris, Someone put him in that specific place in Paris. At first none of us expected anything from the other… The distance, the age difference… But with him it all seemed easy, comfortable, safe. The love of my life, my companion for life, my rock, my dear husband… 


Sorry if it’s too corny. I want you to understand that even if breakups are terrible and there’s a lot of pain involved it can only turn into something great because that person isn’t the love of your life and you deserve nothing but that.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario